- Basic Medical Degree recognized by the Dubai Department of Health.
- Completion of a recognised higher professional education programme.
- Certification of higher professional education recognized by the Dubai Department of Health.
- MRCP plus CCST in Gastroenterology, or
- American Board Certification, or
- FRCPC, or
- FRACP, or
- Arab Board Certification, or
- Equivalent recognized by the Dubai Department
- of Health.
- Minimum of five years of specialist experience in Gastroenterology in a Western setting.
- Appropriate experience and competence in all aspects of Gastroenterology, including endoscopy and ERCP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Fluency in Arabic will be an added advantage.
- To provide a specialist service in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine for inpatients and outpatients.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the Gastroenterology service within the Medical Centre.
- To take part in the teaching and training programme in Internal Medicine, with other departments as appropriate.
- Provides comprehensive management oversight of all administrative aspects of the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.