- Education – Basic Medical Degree recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Completion of a recognised higher professional education programme.
- Certification of higher professional education recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City: FRCR plus CCST/ Specialist registration in Clinical radiology , or American Board Certification in Interventional Radiology, or FRCSC, or FRANZCRor Equivalent recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Experience – Minimum of five years experience since gaining higher qualification.
- Minimum of three years Consultant experience in Clinical/Interventional Radiology imaging in a Western hospital setting is desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
- Appropriate experience and competence in all aspects of diagnostic radiology and clinical radiology in both adult and paediatric patients.
- Special interest, training and expertise in Neuroradiology will be an advantage.
- Personal – Leadership skills appropriate for a highly functioning clinical team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and hospital.
- Desirable requirements – Publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Provides diagnostic radiology and clinical/interventional radiology services to referred patients, using best judgment at all times and in accordance with City Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Participates equitably in the on-call roster.
- Participates in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff and staff of the Radiology Department.
- Participates in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
- Conducts clinical audit in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the radiology service of the hospital.
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the radiology service of the hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects diagnostic and clinical/interventional radiology.
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive consultant level patient care in diagnostic and Clinical/Interventional Radiology.
- This responsibility may be shared with other specialists/consultants in radiology in the hospital.
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring doctors