- Education – Basic Medical Degree recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Completion of a recognised higher professional education programme.
- Certification of higher professional education recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City: FRCA plus CCST, or FFCARCSI,or American Board Certification, or FRCPC, or FRACP or Equivalent recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Experience – Minimum of five years experience since gaining higher qualification.
- Minimum of three years Consultant experience in a recognised anaesthesiology and intensive care centre in a Western hospital setting is desirable.
- Experience and expertise in all aspects of anaesthesia is expected.
- Expertise in neurosurgery is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
- Personal – Leadership skills appropriate for a highly functioning clinical team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and hospital.
- Desirable requirements – Publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Provides anaesthesiology and intensive care services to assigned patients according to best-evidence based standards and using best judgment at all times, in accordance with City Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Participates equitably in the on-call roster.
- Participates in the oversight and professional development of assigned junior medical staff.
- Participates in the educational activities of the Medical Staff as a whole.
- Conducts clinical audits in line with Medical Advisory Committee requirements.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the anaesthesiology and intensive care service and the hospital.
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the anaesthesiology and intensive care service and the hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of anaesthesiology and intensive care.
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive consultant level patient care in all aspects of anaesthesiology and intensive care.
- This responsibility may be shared with other specialists/consultants in anaesthesiology and intensive care in the hospital.
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring doctors.