- Education – Basic Medical Degree recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Completion of a recognised higher professional education programme.
- Certification of higher professional education recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City: MRCOG plus CCST, or FRCOG, or American Board Certification, or FRCSC, or FRACOG, or Equivalent recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Experience – Minimum of five years experience since gaining the higher qualification.
- Minimum of three years experience as a Consultant in a Western hospital setting is desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
- Appropriate experience and competence in all aspects of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Special interest, training and expertise in a subspecialty area of obstetrics and gynaecology is acceptable and complementary to the hospital.
- Personal – Leadership skills appropriate for a highly functioning clinical team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other staff.
- Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and the hospital.
- Desirable requirements – Publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Fluency in Arabic is desirable
- Provides obstetrical and gynaecological care according to assigned patients to current best-evidence based standards, using best judgement at all times and in accordance with the Center’s Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to obstetrics and gynaecology services and the hospital.
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the obstetrics and gynaecology services and the hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Fulfills professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- The post holder is responsible for providing comprehensive consultant level patient care in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- This responsibility may be shared with other specialists/consultants in obstetrics and gynaecology in the hospital.
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring doctors.