- Education – Basic Medical Degree recognised by the Dubai Healthcare City.
- Qualification in Critical Care Medicine OR minimum 3 years recent work experience as Registrar in Intensive Care Unit
- Completion of a recognised higher professional education programme in Internal Medicine
- Current certification in BLS and ACLS
- Five (5) years of practical experience after obtaining M.B.B.S degree or its equivalent. Experience in a Western hospital setting is desirable.
- Experience in adult intensive care and invasive cardiovascular monitoring in an Intensive Care Unit
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing medical education.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, nurses, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Ability to project a positive public image of self, department and hospital.
- Desirable requirements – Paediatric ICU experience and fluency in Arabic
- Provides intensive care services to patients as per instructions from the Consultant/s.
- Provides care to assigned patients according to current best-evidence based standards, using best judgment at all times and in accordance with City Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Participates in the on-call roster for both Intensive Care Unit and Internal Medicine.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuing medical education.
- Participates in review and planning activities relevant to the development of the intensive care service and the hospital.
- Fulfils professional requirements for continuing maintenance of competence in all aspects of intensive care medicine.
- Participates in activities and opportunities to promote the department’s service and the hospital to the general public and wider medical community of Dubai and the UAE.
- Provides comprehensive management oversight of all administrative aspects of the department.
- Carries out other assigned duties within the appropriate scope of knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
- Liaises with: Patients, families, medical staff, nursing staff, other clinical staff, referring doctors.