Case Study 7 – The Cambian Group
The Cambian Group – owned by GI partners – is an extremely successful forensic mental health operator within the corporate private sector. Having established in 2004 with a pilot site, it quickly expanded to become one of the most successful operators in the industry.
GHRS were invited to The Cambian Group’s head office in 2008 and were tasked with headhunting the best senior managers, doctors and consultants in order to facilitate their expansion plan.
- Successful senior managers and clinicians are very difficult to find within the forensic mental health industry, specifically because the private forensic mental health market is relatively new. This meant that there were fewer high calibre individuals – also with limited experience – to meet the high expectations and ambitious culture that made The Cambian Group so successful.
- At the time of instructing GHRS, The Cambian Group were relative newcomers to the industry. This made attracting high quality, senior managers even more of a challenge.
- GHRS managed to successfully attract many key individuals from competing healthcare companies.
- The quality of candidates recruited by GHRS surpassed Cambians expectations, as confirmed in a testimonial by the COO, Mike McQuaid. As a result GHRS became a permanent recruiter for Cambian Group and a number one choice for headhunting key individuals.
- Please see Case Study 8 for further work with The Cambian Group.